Mental Health and Wellness
The mind is an element or complex of elements in an individual that feels, perceives, thinks, wills, and especially reasons.
The mind is an organized conscious, unconscious adaptive mental activity of an individual.
The subconscious mind holds the experiences, memory, and solutions to issues.
Mental health and wellness is a complex multidimensional state of being describing the existence of positive health as exemplified by qualify of life and a sense of wholeness.
Mental health and wellness are the active process of becoming aware of and making choices toward and empowered and successful life. Dimensions of wellness include Mental, Emotional, and Social.
The concise definition of Mind–Mental, Emotional Health, and Wellness is:
- Knowing my needs and working to achieve them.
- Expressing and communicating feelings, including what I am experiencing in situations and with others.
- Acting assertively – devoid of passivity and aggression.
- Engage in meaningful activities and projects that reflect my most important values.
- Loving my Self unconditionally and foremost.
- Loving others unconditionally.
- Cultivating and creating close relationships with family and friends.
- Responding to challenges in life as opportunities to grow emotionally and spiritually rather than seeing only problems and travail.
- Creating an ideal life rather than reacting to ‘What happens’ – avoid believing ‘shit happens.’
- Nothing happens. You create your problems/issue by what you believe, think, say, do, and allow.
- Ironically you do not see what you are building/creating even though you designed the blueprint!
- Until one moment you have an epiphany.
- Seeing everything as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Trusting my Self as my personal resource and my greatest strength for living and growing.
- Experiencing my Self and others moment to moment – avoid worrying ahead or lamenting the past.