- Anxiety/Panic Attack
- Family Counseling
- Marriage Counseling
- Past Life Exploration
- Spiritual Psychology
An anxiety or panic attack is a sudden rush of uncomfortable physical symptoms coupled with thoughts of impending doom (making a scene, heart attack, not being able to breathe). Although the first panic attack may take place in a distinct situation, further episodes are unpredictable as to time or place.
One or more uncomfortable physical symptoms will be present in a severe form during an actual panic attack, such as increased heart rate, dizziness or lightheadedness, shortness of breath, inability to concentrate, and confusion. After a number of anxiety or panic episodes, the individual can become afraid of being a helpless victim of anxiety or panic. He or she may hesitate to be alone, to venture far from home, or to be in public places. Even when not experiencing an anxiety attack, the person with panic attacks often becomes increasingly nervous and apprehensive. He or she attempts to remain physically and psychologically tense in preparation for the next attack. Anxiety or Panic Attacks can be eliminated. You will learn how to:
- Handle your worries about symptoms and how to control the symptoms themselves.
- Discover how to venture out into the situations that you once avoided.
- Identify and manage any physical problems that might be causing or increasing symptoms.
Children aren’t born with instructions. What is a parent to do? Most people aren’t prepared for the hassles, worries, constant demands, and life style changes needed to be a parent.There is a solution! Parents and children face an overwhelming range of possible stresses. Oftentimes, parents don’t know what is true misbehavior and what is a developmental issue. Everyone can learn to improve his or her parenting techniques. A professional specializing in childhood development will help you identify behavior problems and together we will find the best solution by working with you and/or your child.
The use of hypnosis as a psychotherapeutic tool is based on the ability of one’s mind to reach a focused state of complete concentration. This state of complete concentration can be compared to a state of deep meditation or transcendence, in which the innate recuperative abilities of the psyche are allowed to flow more freely. The subject can achieve greater clarity regarding personal wants and needs, explore other events or periods in life requiring resolution, or generally develop a more positive perspective. Hypnotherapy is particularly effective with stress management and various addictions, such as eating disorders, smoking, etc.
What are the reasons so many relationships fail? In the last twenty years, divorce has risen above the fifty-percent mark. Some relationships might be doomed from the start, but others seem to be made in heaven, yet they end in divorce. Couples are faced with a unique set of problems. These problems are many and varied, but the majority of problems seem to include, but are not limited to:
- Unreasonable expectations
- Lack of communication and faulty problem resolution
- Impossible standards for self-control/control of others
- Resentment, anger, power struggles
- Withdrawal and betrayal
- Difficulty in identifying or expressing feelings
- Feelings of powerlessness, shame, guilt, low self-esteem
- Avoidance of conflict, people pleasing
- Impulsivity and difficulty in making decisions
- Harsh judgments and criticism of self and partner
- Difficulty with change, rigidity
Common reactions are to remain in the deteriorating situation OR to end it. There is an alternative-creating a relationship that is made just for you and your partner. We work with you to recognize and change what is not working and reinforce what is working. Through effective communication skills, a mutually supportive and rewarding relationship without the loss of self can be achieved. Painful feelings can be healed, re-establishing feelings of peace, harmony and love.
Past Life Exploration is based on the premise that childhood traumas or previous lives underlay current mental, physical, and emotional problems. Using hypnosis or other states of altered consciousness; this therapy explores past life experiences and images within the unconscious and conscious parts of ourselves, in a manner similar to analyzing our dreams. Recalling and examining these lives or traumas can stimulate release from inner restrictions and fears, reveal more constructive, creative potential that is available to us, establish a sense of deep connection to more of our being, and provide an understanding of the sensation and personal meaning of the transitions in our life cycles. Past Life Therapy gives the client an understanding of:
- present life purpose and mission
- choice of parents and other important relationships, sometimes referred to as soul mates
- the causes of fear, guilt, anger, phobias
- understanding and healing incestuous relationships
- death experiences and beyond
- between life experiences
- love and forgiveness
- the purpose of/and meeting one’s spiritual guides and deceased loved ones
- healing grief
- projection into healthier and a more rewarding future this life time and beyond
- Many Lives, Many Masters-Brian Weiss, M.D.
- Only Love Is Real-Brian Weiss, M.D.
- Children’s Past Lives-Carol Bowman
- A Tribe Returned-Janet Cunningham, PhD
- Discovering the Soul-Robert Jarmon, M.D.
- Across Time and Death-Jenny Cockell
- Talking to Heaven-James Van Praagh
- I Was Guinever: The True Story of One Woman’s Quest for Her Past Life Identity and the Healing of Her Eternal Soul-Laurel Phelan
- Stephan Lives-Anne Puryear
- Old Souls-The Scientific Evidence for Past Lives-Tom Shroder
- One Woman’s Journey-The True Story of Noah, the Ark and God’s Message-Dorothy M. Neddermeyer, PhD (publish date to be announced)
Spiritual psychology seeks to engage the client with their belief system of an eternal being. This eternal being may be referred to as the ‘higher self’, ‘essence greater than the self,’ ‘a higher being’ or ‘God.’ Spirituality is without reference to religion. Spirituality and religion co-exist.Spiritual Psychology is an approach to understanding human existence which goes beyond the tenets of conventional psychology. Human beings are perceived in a larger spiritual or cosmic context in which each individual is called to his or her own unique spiritual journey on earth, actualizing potentials and talents rather than learning to adjust and normalize. The emphasis is on values and meta-values, ultimate concern, identity beyond the personal, non-ordinary state of consciousness, self-realization and self-transcendence, and letting go. It is assumed that optimum ego development is only a stage in moving to every higher level of consciousness and creativity. The use of Spiritual Psychology seeks the integration of mind, body and spirit, which leads to long-term change and personal mastery. A recent study revealed Spiritual Psychology hastens the recovery process and heightens the depth and breadth of the recovery. A wide range of methods are employed to achieve this integration and facilitates a shift in the client’s internal dialogue. These methods include but are not limited to:
- Inner journeys (going within)
- Philosophical discussion and reading
- Breathing techniques
- Guided imagery