Traditional Western/Allopathic Medicine treats everything from Abdominal Pain to ZZZZ loss with a chemical concoction called a prescription. The pharmaceutical industry and the medical profession have been in a lock step march since the beginning of the industrialization era.
There are safer options for depression. Instead of seeking a ‘quick fix,’ which fixes nothing and comes with a truck load of negative side effects that are worse than what ails you. You are wiser to seek options that are non-toxic with no side effects and creates long term wellness rather than merely coping.
An article from Reuters, October 19, 2011 reported, “One in 10 Americans over the age of 12 take an antidepressant, a class of drugs that have gradually become wildly popular in the past 40 years. Antidepressant drugs were the third-most common drugs used by Americans of all ages between 2005 and 2008.
It is a sad commentary that 10 percent of Americans are taking antidepressant medication. These drugs have shown little performance over a placebo. -University of Hull, founded in 1927, East Riding of Yorkshire, England. Studies have proven that there are safer and more effective remedies to eliminate depression, specifically Emotional, Physical and Spiritual Transformation (EPST) facilitated using hypnosis. Other studies have shown that exercise out performs antidepressants in the treatment of depression.
Emotional, Physical and Spiritual Transformation (EPST) a highly effective protocol to access and transform the root cause of all issues and symptoms. EPST is direct, focused and combines creating health while transforming the past. It is precise, powerful, virtually effortless and an accurate way of changing the landscape of your inner and outer mind, body and spirit. EPST allows you to access your past, present and future – as well as your subconscious, and clear negative energy on all levels – mind, body and spirit. You can transform negative thoughts, energy, blocks, anxiety, phobias and fears, which are the typical root causes of depression.
Natural herbal remedies can be taken to give the needed boost and support while Mind, Body Spirit Transformation protocol is in progress.
- St. John’sWort has been used for thousands of years as a mood elevator.
- SAM-e, pronounced “sammy”, S-adenosyl-L-methionine. It is a chemical found naturally in the human body and is believed to increase levels of neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine. Several studies reveal SAM-e is more effective than placebo.
- Folic Acid (Folate) is a B vitamin that is often deficient in people, who are depressed. Folate is in green leafy vegetables, other vegetables, fruit, beans, and fortified grains. It is one of the most common vitamin deficiencies because of poor diet, but also because chronic conditions and various medications such as aspirin and birth control pills can also lead to deficiency. In addition to food, folic acid is also available as a supplement or as part of a B-complex vitamin.
- Omega-3, 6, 9 fatty acids. Omega fatty acids in Chia Seeds boosts the brain’s production of Serotonin – a.k.a joy juice. Two tablespoons of Chia seeds in a smoothie, yogurt or cereal in the morning sets the stage for an up-beat day. (DO NOT combine with antidepressants.)
- 5-HTP – 5-hydroxytryptophan. Hydroxytryptophan is produced naturally in the body and is used to stimulate the produce of the neurotransmitter serotonin. Taking 5-HTP boosts the body’s serotonin levels. (DO NOT combine with antidepressants.)
Natural remedies, also include, but are not limited to:
- Chiropractic treatments
- Guided imagery
- Massage therapy
- Relaxation techniques
The theory that depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain, while unproven, has become the popular diagnostic theme. The theory is if the problem is chemical, then the cure needs to be chemical too. However, the root cause of depression is a complex mix of social conditioning, indoctrination, emotional trauma and unresolved issues. Thus, these experiences create a chemical imbalance due to the extreme nature of the issues that caused the person to drive the experience beneath the conscious mind.
Reported in Psychology Today – November 1, 2011 – Allen Frances, MD (Psychiatrist and former Chairman of the DSM task force)
“Opposition to DSM 5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) due to be released 2013, has been expressed by the following organizations: British Psychological Society; American Counseling Association; Society for Humanistic Psychology (APA Division 32); Society for Community Research and Action: Division of Community Psychology (APA Division 27); Society for Group Psychology & Psychotherapy (APA Division 49); Developmental Psychology (APA Division 7); UK Council for Psychotherapy; Association for Women in Psychology; Constructivist Psychology Network; Society for Descriptive Psychology; and the Society of Indian Psychologists.”
“An editorial by the Society Of Biological Psychiatry wondered whether DSM 5 is necessary. The community of personality disorders researchers is virtually unanimous in its opposition to the DSM 5 personality disorders section. There is also widespread opposition to diagnosis of somatic, autistic, gender, paraphilic, and psychotic disorders.”
“A petition posted by several divisions of the American Psychological Association demands reform of the DSM 5 process and the elimination of a number of risky and ill conceived diagnoses. The petition is gaining increasing support and has been signed by 3000+ people. ” Sign petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dsm5/ )
Dorothy M. Neddermeyer, PhD, Metaphysician – Certified Hypnosis and Regression Practitioner, Author and Speaker. Dr. Dorothy facilitates clearing blocks, fears and limiting beliefs. You can live the life you desire. She brings awareness to concepts not typically obvious to one’s thoughts and feelings. http://www.drdorothy.net http://facebook.com/DrDorothyNed