Be The Change You Want To See In Your Self
You have an image of Your Self. You see your Self in a certain way. To bring in and achieve a greater vision of your life, your image of your Self needs to become larger and more expansive than your previous image so that you no longer see your Self, or your universe, as limited, scarce or see your Self, ‘That’s Just the Way I am.’
When I talk with clients many say, “That’s just the way I am.” If you believe that is the way you truly are you are right. When you lock your Self into the belief, ‘That Is just the way I am,’ you are limiting your potential. Conformity is stifling and boring. Break out of the mold you have accepted as ‘That’s just the way I am.’
In order to build an image of a higher possibility of your Self in your mind, you need to perceive your Self as the Self you desire, rather, than the Self you perceive, ‘That is Just the Way I am.’ As you become one with a larger image of your Self your life expands and grows bigger than the life you are currently living.
There is no law that forces you to live your life the way others expect you to. Those who are open-minded, those who challenge the status-quo, work hard and take personal responsibility to lead their lives in authenticity through higher goal-setting live the life they desire.
The pathway to creating your life begins with clearly understanding what you want to achieve in your life. You need to challenge your status quo in all areas: relationships, work, spending and saving, collecting, recreation, etc.
- Listen to your intuition – Sixth sense.
- Eliminate distractions/procrastination – Distractions and procrastination comes in many forms. Checking email, browsing social media, taking long breaks, ‘When I get around to it, putting off until tomorrow. Enforce mental discipline. Recognize when you are putting something off. This can be a challenge for chronic procrastinators. Simply ‘demand’ that you do it NOW. No excuses acceptable.
- Keep a ‘To Do’ list – Prioritize it. Discipline yourself to stay on target. “The ability to discipline yourself to delay gratification in the short term in order to enjoy greater rewards in the long term, is the indispensable prerequisite for success.” -Brian Tracy
- Track daily habit routine and consistently improve it.
- Count every accomplishment as a success – no matter how small. Success is the complettion of each task required to reach the desired goal.
- Engage in new leisure activities. Engage in a new activity at least twice before you decide it isn’t your cup of tea.
- Cultivate new friendships.
- The list is infinite – add more.
As Mahatma Gandhi said, “Be the change you want to see in the world.” Likewise, you need to be the change you want to see in your Self.
Dorothy M. Neddermeyer, PhD, Metaphysician – Certified Hypnosis and Regression Practitioner, Author and Speaker. Dr. Dorothy facilitates clearing blocks, fears and limiting beliefs. You can live the life you desire. She brings awareness to concepts not typically obvious to one’s thoughts and feelings. http://drdorothy.net http://facebook.com/DrDorothyNed